– Stephen Gleich
- 2.50 oz Old Forester Kentucky
- 0.25 oz demerara syrup
- half a dropper 11th Orchard red clover bitters
Garnish: orange zest expressed and discarded
Glass: double old fashioned
Each box includes all ingredients including garnish. Bar tools and glassware not included but can be ordered separately at checkout.
All orders for alcohol are fulfilled by Keystone Wine & Spirits.
- Chill Double Old Fashioned Glass by placing in fridge/freezer or by filling with ice water and setting aside for 5 minutes.
- Measure and add all ingredients to Mixing Beaker.
- Fill Mixing Beaker about two thirds full with fresh ice.
- Stir contents for about 30 seconds by using bar spoon or teaspoon. (Note: when using a bar spoon, place shaft between your index and middle finger. Insert spoon into the beaker until spoon touches bottom. Keeping your arm and fingers still, use your wrist to turn the spoon in the beaker. The spoon will spin about in your fingers on its own axis.)
- Remove Double Old Fashioned Glass from fridge/freezer or if using ice water, empty the glass.
- Add ice to Double Old Fashioned Glass.
- Strain contents of Mixing Beaker using Julep Strainer into Double Old Fashioned Glass.
- Cut an orange swath and squeeze it between thumb and forefinger downwards over the drink so that the oils in the outside of the skin express onto the drink, then rub peel around the rim and discard peel.
- 1 Old Forester Kentucky Straight Bourbon (750ml bottle)
- 1 11th Orchard Red Clover Bitters (15ml bottle)
- 4oz Cocktail Courier Demerara Syrup
- 2 Fresh Oranges
10 Cocktails per order*