The Red ForestRating
– Laila Grainawi
- 1.50 oz D’Usse Cognac
- 0.50 oz BroVo Jammy Sweet Vermouth
- 0.50 oz Shiitake & Tarragon Syrup
- 3 dashes Scrappy’s Chocolate Bitters
Garnish: Candied Shiitake Mushroom
Each box includes all ingredients including garnish. Bar tools and glassware not included but can be ordered separately.
All orders for alcohol are fulfilled by Keystone Wine and Spirits, LLC.
Chill Nick & Nora Glass by placing in fridge/freezer or by filling with ice water and setting aside for 5 minutes (optional.)
- Measure and add all ingredients (except for garnish) to Mixing Beaker.
- Fill Mixing Beaker with ice, stir contents by placing shaft of Bar Spoon o Teaspoon between your index and middle finger. Insert spoon into the beaker until spoon touches bottom.
Keeping your arm and fingers still, use your wrist to turn the spoon in the glass. The back of the spoon should touch the inside of the beaker at all times during rotation. The spoon will spin about in your fingers on its own axis. Stir for 15 seconds.
Remove Nick & Nora Glass from fridge/freezer or if using ice water, empty the glass.
Strain contents of Mixing Beaker using Julep Strainer into the glass. Serve up (no ice).
Place your Candied Shiitake Mushroom garnish into the drink, as a cheeky nod to the ingredients.
- 1 D'USSÉ VSOP Cognac (375ml bottle)
- 1 BroVo Jammy Sweet Vermouth (187ml bottle)
- 1 Scrappy's Chocolate Bitters (15ml bottle)
- 1 Cocktail Courier Shiitake & Tarragon Syrup (118ml bottle)
- 8 Cocktail Courier Candied Shiitake Mushrooms