Water Of Youth
– Laila Grainawi
- 2.00 oz hojicha-infused Gold Rum
- 0.25 oz chamomile syrup
- 2 dashes lemon bitters
Each box includes all ingredients including garnish. Bar tools and glassware not included but can be ordered separately at checkout.
All orders for alcohol are fulfilled by Keystone Wine & Spirits.
Making Chamomile Ice Cubes (24-48 hours before):
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil and immerse the 2 bags of chamomile tea for 5 minutes.
- Pour the tea into an ice tray and add chamomile buds to each compartment, then freeze for at least 24 hours (note: you will need 5-7 regular size ice cubes per cocktail).
Making Hojicha-Infused Gold Rum:
- Cut open the 2 bags of Hojicha tea in a large container.
- Pour bottle of Gold Rum over Hojicha tea leaves, stir, cover and leave out at room temperature for a minimum of 2 hours (leave overnight for a more pronounced flavor).
- Strain tea leaves out of the infusion using a fine mesh strainer and pour the infused Gold Rum back into your bottle and label “Hojicha-Infused Gold Rum”.
Making The Cocktail:
- Measure and add all ingredients (except for garnish) to Mixing Beaker.
- Fill Mixing Beaker about two thirds full with fresh ice.
- Stir contents for about 30 seconds by using bar spoon or teaspoon. (Note: when using a bar spoon, place shaft between your index and middle finger. Insert spoon into the beaker until spoon touches bottom. Keeping your arm and fingers still, use your wrist to turn the spoon in the beaker. The spoon will spin about in your fingers on its own axis.)
- Strain contents of Mixing Beaker using Julep Strainer into Rocks Glass.
- Add 5-7 chamomile ice cubes to Rocks Glass.
- 1 Bacardí Gold Rum (375ml bottle)
- 1 Scrappy's Black Lemon Bitters (15ml bottle)
- 2 Chamomile Tea Bag
- 2 Hojicha Tea Bag
- 1 Cocktail Courier Chamomile Syrup (2oz bottle)
- 1 Chamomile Flower Buds
6 Cocktails per order*